Remuneration and Rewards
Brookfield strives to ensure that remuneration and rewards contribute to attracting, motivating and retaining innovative and skilled people to the Group.
We recognise the need to ensure:
- Our total remuneration practices are aligned with the market conditions in the industries, countries and regions in which we operate;
- Our practices comply with any relevant law and the company’s standards of business conduct; and
- The conditions of employment at Brookfield contain a balanced mix of remuneration, reward and recognition for each individual.
Recruitment and Selection
Brookfield recruitment and selection principles are designed to:
- Ensure that the best candidate is chosen for each job;
- Ensure that the company is resourced with people who have the potential to develop and take on more complex and challenging roles; and
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Training and Development
Brookfield is committed to working with employees to develop their knowledge and skills to ensure a career path within the Group. The responsibility for training and development is shared between the employee and their line manager. Employees and line managers collaborate to develop the skills and broaden the experiences of the employee so that roles with more complexity and responsibility can be tackled confidently.
Equality in employment
All employment at Brookfield is offered on the basis of merit. Employees and applicants alike are treated and evaluated according to their job-related skills, qualifications, experience and abilities. Offers of employment based on attributes other than these criteria (e.g. race, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, pregnancy or sexual orientation) are prohibited.
Brookfield is committed to developing a diverse workforce and to providing a work environment which is safe and free from discrimination, all forms of harassment, victimisation and bullying.